Monday, February 20, 2012

Film Crew update

Happy Monday, everyone!  I wanted to give you a summary of our time with the Regent film crew last week.  Rachel, Liz, Daniel and Zach came and spent Wednesday through Saturday in El Callejon, filming, interviewing, walking around, asking questions, listening.  I was so impressed with these young people! 

They are Christ-followers, and showed it through the way they interacted with the people of El Callejon.  As I observed them, they asked a lot of questions, showing a desire to understand the perspective of those with whom they spoke.  It was wonderful to watch them in action, and I think they got a lot of great footage thanks to their engaging manner!
The other thing about this team was their flexibility.  Even though shooting in the rain with an umbrella duct taped to the camera was possibly not the best case scenario, they met the challenge with a sense of humor.  Trying to run sound in the midst of dogs barking, roosters crowing, music blaring, kids shouting… well, it wasn’t the easiest thing!  One rooster next door to the Site seriously sounds like a woman screaming.  I think it freaked us all out a bit at first!

The last thing I have to mention is how much fun they all were!  From what I could tell, they all got along great, and there was plenty of laughter to go around! 
They headed back home early Sunday morning.  Rachel’s documentary is to be approximately 10 minutes long, so now the editing will begin!  I look forward to seeing the finished product – and perhaps we’ll be able to link it to this blog (if so, it'll be this summer, I believe).

It was such a joy to hang out with the crew in this community I love so much, and share a bit of what God has been doing in and among the people there.  And, to meet young people who love Jesus and are using their film-making talents in a way that glorifies Him was awesome! 
The only thing I regret about the whole experience was the fact that Daisy was not able to be a part of it.  She continues to rest and recover, and si Dios quiere, will return soon.  Thank you for continuing to lift her – and her family! – up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment