Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Only Continue Serving

Sometimes miracles happen in a split second.  Other times, they are years in the making.  When God is at work, it is always surprising and always just on time.  Read this story and be encouraged that God is moving, even in seemingly 'hopeless' situations!!

God is always surprising me, confirming that things don’t happen in my timing or in my way.  

One of our young women, who had been a part of our Adolescents group, had always had a rude and rebellious attitude.  She would come to the Social Work site wanting things to be done in her way, arguing with everyone, and with no interest in hearing the Word of God. 
I would often ask myself, Why does she come to the Site?  Or, I would say to myself, She’s not going to change, it would be better if she wouldn’t even come because she is too big of a problem for me. 

But, I understood that God was teaching me the mission for which He had sent me, and that was not to be comfortable, but to help establish His Kingdom in El Callejon.  And so, I dressed myself with His patience, and continued to work with her. 
About two weeks ago, she came to the Site and said to me, Daisy, I want to be like you.  I didn’t really pay much attention, because I know her so well.  She said to my work companion, Kim, She doesn’t want to teach me. 

She went on to tell me, I want to learn everything you know.  I’m going to come every day.  I want to be your secretary.  You don’t have to pay me anything, I just want to learn. 
I told her, This is not about what you want.  You are going to have to have patience, treat people well and serve them. 
She told me, I have been learning this.  I have patience now.  She said this with a submissive attitude. 

And so, she has been helping the women with their crafts and projects. 
She told me that before she would read the Bible, but she didn’t understand anything she read.  Now, however, she reads her Bible every day, and she cannot stop reading it, and she is understanding what she reads. 

She also shared with me that God has also been teaching her through things that have happened in her life.  I was sincerely surprised. 
And, I am learning to not give up on anyone, because God will move who needs to be moved.  I only need to continue serving Him.  Amen! 

Your prayers for the guidance of the Holy Spirit continue to be a huge blessing and help for me.  Your servant in Christ, Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment